Break-Fast Jam 2017 Eastern Uganda Eliminations.
Yet another successful event organized by FreshLane.
The event was a mix of hiphop elements; breakdance and popping competitions, performances of other hiphop dance styles, rap and beat-boxing, Djing and Live graffiti mural painting.
The main goal of the event was to select the top breakdancer and popper to represent the Eastern Uganda region at the grand finale on 18th and 19th November in Kampala. Congratulations to Wadada ‘Umar Xperience’ Umar from Mbale and Mbwambale ‘Shafiq Codes’ Shafic from Jinja on winning the breaking and popping battles respectively.
The main purpose of this event is to nature and promote the breakdance and hiphop scene within the East Africa region. The next preliminary event prior to the grand finale are; Central Uganda eliminations in Kampala on 13th August, Kenya Eliminations – Nairobi in October and Rwanda/DRC eliminations – Kigali in September. More details on these events here www.breakfastjam.org
Check out #BreakFastJam2017 on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to see live coverage of the event.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAM
- Free workshops and teaching by David Prizzle (Circle Jesterz crew, Basel – Switzerland) and Kissa ‘Sammie poppings’ Samuel (PopLock Funk, Kampala – Uganda).
- Live Graffiti mural by Inkfam Bobd of Inkfamous crew – Cape Town, South Africa.
- Battles/competitions: Breakdance (cipher battle into seven to smoke), solo popping, 2 on 2 Kenya Vs Uganda guest battle and 1 on 1 Switzerland vs Uganda guest battle.
- Beatboxing: performance by Okot ‘Scooter Beatboxer’ Gilbert of Breakdance Project Uganda.
- Other performances by Kongoloko crew and Tilapia crew. Dance performances Ibra Buwembo.
SPONSORS AND PARTNERS: KO tv, Smart FM, Infinite Records, Gagawala Graphics, Breakdance Project Uganda, Nalubaale Rafting and Live Music Jinja.
Photos by Kibuuka photography